HERITAGE HOG 2022
Application for the 2022 Heritage Hog are due February 6, 2022.
Clover Foundation Heritage Hog
The 2022 Application open on January 5, 2022.
Scholarship Deadline is February 6, 2022.
Interviews: February 12, 2022.
No application packets will be accepted beyond this date
The Clover Foundation of Santa Clara County is looking for a local Santa Clara County Youth Exhibitor (Recipient) to raise and sell The Clover Foundation Heritage Hog at the Santa Clara County Fair. The recipient of the Heritage Hog will also receive a $5,000 scholarship for future education. The Clover Foundation will cover expenses for the purchase of and feed for the animal. The Heritage Hog will be fitted and exhibited by the Recipient, judged as a market animal, and sold during the Junior Livestock Auction. All proceeds from the sale of the Heritage Hog will go directly to The Clover Foundation of Santa Clara County. The applicant awarded the privilege to show and sell the Heritage Hog is also allowed to sell an additional exhibitor-owned animal through the auction per Junior Auction Rules.
All applicants are required to complete the following documents and submit the completed application packet to the address listed below. Mailed packets must be postmarked no later than no later than the Due Date listed above. Applications are a filliable PDF, please keep your answers within the aloted text boxes.
- APPLICATION: The completed application form with essay attached
- AGREEMENT/Recipient Terms and Conditions: Upon selection, the Recipient will be required to meet certain terms and conditions as outlined in the ‘AGREEMENT’ document between The Clover Foundation and the Heritage Hog recipient. Please review this document carefully. This form must be signed by the applicant, his/her parent or guardian and his/her 4-H Leader or FFA Advisor.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION/4-H Leader or FFA Advisor: This form must be completed by a 4-H Leader or FFA Advisor and returned in a sealed envelope with the Leader/Advisor’s signature across the seal and the applicant’s name printed on the front of the envelope.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION/Personal: This form must be completed by a personal reference who is not a family member, 4-H Leader, or FFA Advisor and returned in a sealed envelope with the signature of the person who completed the form across the seal and the applicant’s name printed on the front of the envelope.
- Exhibitor Fair Agreement: Form must be filled out and signed.
- PHOTO: Current photo of applicant
Mail or email a fully scanned copy of the complete application packet no later than February 6, 2022 (postmarked by February 5, 2022) to:
Heritage Hog Applications
The Clover Foundation of Santa Clara County
P.O. Box 2013
Cupertino, CA 95015-2013
Interviews will be required. Interviews will be held at a date and time to be determined. Calls/emails will be made to all applicants to set up the interview time.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Upon selection, the Recipient will be required to meet certain terms and conditions as further outlined in the ‘Agreement’ document between the Clover Foundation and the Heritage Hog recipient. Please review this document carefully.
CLOVER FOUNDATION HERITAGE HOG SCHOLARSHIP:
The individual who is awarded the privilege of raising the Clover Foundation Heritage Hog is automatically the only finalist for the Clover Foundation Heritage Scholarship of $5000.00. This will be awarded during the senior year in High school. To receive the scholarship the applicant must comply with all agreed upon requirements and complete the project by selling the animal at the Jr. Livestock Auction. The money will be sent to college upon proof of enrollment in an accredited college.
The winner of the Clover Heritage Scholarship is not eligible for any additional Clover Foundation Scholarships.
Supporting the Local 4-H and FFA Youth Since 2000
- $123,457 in Scholarships for 94 High School Seniors
- $86,850 in Livestock Loans for 143 Youth
- Average annual donation $20,000 to Santa Clara County Fair since 2010