Clover Foundation Heritage Hog Program & Scholarship
Due Date: Friday, October 19th, 201 (Must be postmarked as such)
No application packets will be accepted beyond this date
The Clover Foundation of Santa Clara County is looking for a local Santa Clara County Youth Exhibitor (Recipient) to raise and sell The Clover Foundation Heritage Hog at the Santa Clara County Fair. The Clover Foundation will cover expenses for the purchase of and feed for the animal. The Heritage Hog will be exhibited by the Recipient, judged as a market animal, and sold during the Junior Livestock Auction. All proceeds from the sale of the Heritage Hog will go directly to The Clover Foundation of Santa Clara County. The applicant awarded the privilege to show and sell the Heritage Hog is also allowed to sell an additional exhibitor-owned animal through the auction per Junior Auction Rules. The 2018 Fair will be held August 1st – August 4, 2019.
All applicants are required to complete the following documents and submit the completed application packet to the address listed below. Mailed packets must be postmarked no later than no later than the Due Date listed above.
- APPLICATION: The completed application form with essay attached
- AGREEMENT/Recipient Terms and Conditions: Upon selection, the Recipient will be required to meet certain terms and conditions as outlined in the ‘AGREEMENT’ document between The Clover Foundation and the Heritage Hog recipient. Please review this document carefully. This form must be signed by the applicant, his/her parent or guardian and his/her 4-H Leader or FFA Advisor.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION/4-H Leader or FFA Advisor: This form must be completed by a 4-H Leader or FFA Advisor and returned in a sealed envelope with the Leader/Advisor’s signature across the seal and the applicant’s name printed on the front of the envelope.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION/Personal: This form must be completed by a personal reference who is not a family member, 4-H Leader, or FFA Advisor and returned in a sealed envelope with the signature of the person who completed the form across the seal and the applicant’s name printed on the front of the envelope.
- Exhibitor Fair Agreement: Form must be filled out and signed.
- PHOTO: Current photo of applicant
Send the complete application packet than no later than Monday, November 6, 2017 to:
Heritage Hog Applications
The Clover Foundation of Santa Clara County
P.O. Box 2013
Cupertino, CA 95015-2013
Interviews will be required. Interviews will be held the following Saturday, OCTOBER 27th at a location and time to be determined. Calls/emails will be made to all applicants to set up the interview time.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Upon selection, the Recipient will be required to meet certain terms and conditions as further outlined in the ‘Agreement’ document between the Clover Foundation and the Heritage Hog recipient. Please review this document carefully.
CLOVER FOUNDATION HERITAGE SCHOLARSHIP:
The individual who is awarded the privilege of raising the Clover Foundation Heritage Hog is automatically the only finalist for the Clover Foundation Heritage Scholarship of $4000.00. This will be awarded during the senior year in High school. To receive the scholarship the applicant must comply with all agreed upon requirements and complete the project by selling the animal at the Jr. Livestock Auction. The money will be sent to college upon proof of enrollment in an accredited college.
The winner of the Clover Heritage Scholarship is not eligible for any additional Clover Foundation Scholarships.
Please download APPLICATION PACKET below and read through the document and provide all required information and signatures:
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Clover Foundation Board Member
The Clover Foundation Heritage Hog Committee Chair